Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ‘Kat World’ turns Israeli daily life during wartime into cat-themed pop art

    August 23, 2026

    Painter supporting quake-hit Kumamoto with manga “Kinnikuman”

    August 23, 2026

    Where to Watch: Panthers vs. Jaguars, Preseason Week 2 of 2026 NFL Season

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Comic Vibe
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
    • Comics
      • Comic Vibe News
    • Gaming
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Anime
    • Toys & Collectibles
    • Cosplay
    • Tech
    • Digital Culture
      • Creators & Fan Culture
      • Creator Economy & Fan-Driven Platforms
      • Digital Fandom & Online Communities
      • Metaverse & Virtual Worlds
      • NFTs & Digital Collectibles
      • Virtual Events & Online Conventions
      • Virtual Identity & Avatars
    • Shop
    Comic Vibe
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Advertise With Us
    • DMCA Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    Home»Comic Vibe News»Paramount Says States’ Effort To Block WBD Deal “Will Only Harm Entertainment Workers”
    Comic Vibe News

    Paramount Says States’ Effort To Block WBD Deal “Will Only Harm Entertainment Workers”

    JamesBy JamesJuly 13, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter
    Paramount Says States’ Effort To Block WBD Deal “Will Only Harm Entertainment Workers”
    Share
    Facebook Twitter

    Paramount hit back at an antitrustlawsuit filed Monday by12 states seeking to block the company’s pending $110 billion acquisition of Warner Bros. Discovery

    The suit “reflects a fundamentally flawed application of the antitrust laws and is wrong on both the facts and the law,” a Paramount spokesperson said in a statement. “We will vigorously defend the transaction and demonstrate that this challenge is inconsistent with sound competition policy and the competitive realities of the media marketplace. Delaying this transaction will only harm entertainment workers who have already suffered over recent years as technology has disrupted their livelihood and cost California tens of thousands of entertainment jobs.”

    The Paramount response,, which contends that the merger will create an anticompetitive entity controlling too much of the pay-TV and movie studio sectors. As a result, the suit alleges, customers will be harmed by having fewer choices and higher prices

    Watch on Deadline

    Paramount reiterated its longstanding view that the deal is pro-Hollywood and pro-consumer. In a move that is notable given that the company outmuscled Netflix in a multi-party bidding war for WBD earlier this year, the statement cites Netflix twice as an example of the tech companies that have “come to dominate” the entertainment industry

    “The combination of Paramount and WBD will create a stronger, well-capitalized, creative-first media company that is better positioned to compete with companies like Netflix that have come to dominate the industry for audiences, premium content, and creative talent. Put simply, any attempt to block thistrans action undermines the very principles antitrust law is designed to promote: more competition, more choice for consumers, and more opportunities for creators and workers,” the spokesperson added.

    “The practical effect of this lawsuit is to shield those dominant streaming platforms like Netflix and technology companies from much needed competition while preventing the significant benefits this transaction will deliver for consumers, creators, workers, and the broader Hollywood economy. We will continue to fight against any attempt to derail a deal that strengthens competition, expands opportunity, and positions the combined company to compete in an increasingly competitive global media landscape.”

    The action by the AGs comes as UK and European Union regulators are in the final stages of their reviews. Paramount has promised to pay a “ticking fee” if the deal does not close by September 30

    Paramount, in its statement, pointed to approvals granted by a range of global agencies

    “The careful review undertaken by these regulators and their uniform decision to clear the transaction orallow it to proceed contrasts sharply with the approach taken by the state attorneys general in this case,” the company said. “We will fight any effort to block a merger that has clear benefits for consumers, creators, and the wider entertainment industry, and where the alternative is to entrench a failing status quo.”

    • Tom Cruise’s Turn As Crusty Oil Baron Revealed In Trailer For González Iñárritu Pic


    • ‘Jurassic Park’ & ‘Peaky Blinders’ Actor Dies At 78; Career In Photos; Tributes

    • Capsizes With $95M Global Opening, Could Lose $100M-$125M: Here’s Why

    • ‘Killer Hitler’ Is Dylan Douglas’ First Movie Role; David Arquette & Others Set

    block Effort Paramount Says States
    Share. Facebook Twitter
    Previous ArticleTom Cruise transforms in ‘Digger’ official trailer
    Next Article Spaceballs 2 Story Officially Revealed, With Shots Fired at Star Wars & Disney: “Somehow, Dark Helmet Returned”
    James

    Related Posts

    Kangana Ranaut calls Taapsee Pannu a `sasti copy`; deletes post later amid feud

    August 23, 2026

    “Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow”: A Worthy Comic Adaptation?

    August 23, 2026

    Meghan Markle’s Hollywood Return & Tupac Case Developments

    August 23, 2026

    Witham racing driver says video games got him into motorsports

    August 23, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks

    ‘Kat World’ turns Israeli daily life during wartime into cat-themed pop art

    August 23, 2026

    Painter supporting quake-hit Kumamoto with manga “Kinnikuman”

    August 23, 2026

    Where to Watch: Panthers vs. Jaguars, Preseason Week 2 of 2026 NFL Season

    August 23, 2026

    Nintendo Switch 2 eShop charts – August 23, 2026

    August 23, 2026
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • Telegram
    Don't Miss
    Movies

    ‘Party Rock Anthem’ singer dead at 36

    By JamesJuly 8, 20260

    “Party Rock Anthem” singer Lauren Bennett, who was also a member of the group G.R.L., died in England, the BBC reported. She was 36

    Breaking Down the Nationals’ Playoff Push: Key Series and Players to Watch

    July 8, 2026

    ‘Orbitals’ Reveals Global Voice Cast for Anime

    July 8, 2026

    ThunderCats x SilverHawks #4 Preview: Dead Friends Are Best Friends

    July 8, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us
    About Us

    Comic Vibe is a pop-culture destination created for fans who live and breathe comics, movies, anime, TV shows, gaming, tech, cosplay, and collectibles.

    Our mission is to deliver engaging news, reviews, features, guides, and opinions that celebrate geek culture in all its forms. From the latest comic releases and blockbuster films to anime trends, gaming updates, cutting-edge tech, and collector culture, Comic Vibe brings everything together in one vibrant hub.

    Our Picks

    ‘Kat World’ turns Israeli daily life during wartime into cat-themed pop art

    August 23, 2026

    Painter supporting quake-hit Kumamoto with manga “Kinnikuman”

    August 23, 2026

    Where to Watch: Panthers vs. Jaguars, Preseason Week 2 of 2026 NFL Season

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest comics, anime, movies, TV, gaming, cosplay, and pop culture news delivered directly to your inbox. No spam—just the stories every fan should know.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Advertise With Us
    • DMCA Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    © 2026 Comic Vibe. Designed by Comic Vibe.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.