Uorfi Javed claims Bigg Boss 20, Khatron Ke Khiladi 15 rejected her while recounting failures
23 August,2026 06:11 PM IST | Mumbai | mid-day online correspondent
Uorfi Javed has opened up about a difficult year professionally, revealing that she was rejected by the makers of Bigg Boss 20 after approaching them for a spot on the reality show. She also spoke about other setbacks, including Khatron Ke Khiladi 15, cancelled projects, etc
Your browser doesn’t support HTML5 audio
Uorfi Javed has opened up about a string of professional setbacks, revealing that even Bigg Boss 20 was a reality show she hoped to be part of but ultimately rejected her. In a candid Instagram video shared on Sunday, the actor and fashion personality spoke about the less glamorous side of showbiz and why she wanted to discuss her failures publicly.
Uorfi Javed rejected by Bigg Boss 20
Uorfi said she approached the makers of Salman Khan-hosted Bigg Boss 20 after another reality show opportunity fell through. Having wanted to participate in a reality show, she thought the controversial reality show could be the right fit.
“I thought I will do Bigg Boss. Because I wanted to do a reality show. So, when I approached Bigg Boss makers, we also had a meeting, they just rejected me,” she revealed.
The admission came as Uorfi reflected on how social media can make it appear that everyone is constantly achieving new milestones. Instead of showcasing only the wins, she decided to speak about what she described as her professional failures over the past year.
“Whenever I open my Instagram, I see someone buying a car or achieving something. Everyone is very successful. But today I am going to talk about my failures of the last one year,” she said.
Uorfi Javed reveals reality show setbacks
Bigg Boss 20 was not the only reality show that did not work out for Uorfi. She claimed she was offered Lock Upp: Sach Ya Sazaa, but a date clash with another project prevented her from taking it up. According to her, the other show was eventually pushed ahead, leaving her unable to participate in Lock Upp.
She also said that she approached Khatron Ke Khiladi 15, but was rejected by its makers. Uorfi further claimed that she was replaced as a mentor on Playground, while the second season of Follow Kar Lo Yaar was cancelled by Prime Video.
The setbacks extended beyond reality television. Uorfi alleged that a Netflix project she was working on was cancelled after the team had already shot an episode, with the platform reportedly deciding not to proceed with the show.
She also pointed to a slowdown in brand collaborations. According to Uorfi, she previously worked on around five or six brand deals a month, while that number has now dropped to about two. “I think that this year has been a year of rejection for me,” she concluded.
Uorfi was last seen hosting Splitsvilla 16 alongside Nia Sharma, Karan Kundrra and Sunny Leone.
“Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!” Click here!
Uorfi JavedBigg Boss 20khatron ke khiladitelevision newsEntertainment News
-
Rupali Ganguly wishes brother Vijay Ganguly on birthday: ‘Proudest sister ever’
-
Indian Game Show: Abhishek Kumar and Jannat Zubair reunite as team partners
-
Paradox says MTV Hustle 5 has taught him to approach music differently
-
KBC 18: Rs 1 crore question leaves IIT Bombay topper Yogesh Sahu stumped
-
Arjun Bijlani meets with a car accident, escapes safely
-
Shweta Tiwari slams trolls using abusive language against her
-
Amitabh Bachchan says he is working relentlessly to ‘learn and grow more’
{{#allowed}}
{{#config.logo.enabled}}
{{/config.logo.enabled}}
{{/allowed}}
