Ranveer Singh’s father, Jagjit Singh Bhavnani, has reportedly filed a plea with IMPPA over Excel Entertainment’s Rs 45 crore claim amid the ongoing Don 3 controversy. The development comes amid reports surrounding Ranveer’s alleged exit from the Farhan Akhtar directorial.
Gayatri Rani
August 20, 2026 / 18:25 IST
Ranveer Singh’s father met Don 3 producers
- Ranveer’s father filed plea against Excel Ent.
- Excel Ent. claimed Rs 45 crore from Ranveer Singh.
- IMPPA to review Don 3 dispute evidence.
Did our AI summary help?
Webinar by Vishal Malkan
in your portfolio by Vishal Malkan

Ranveer Singh and Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3 controversy took a new turn. Ranveer Singh’s father, Jagjit Singh Bhavnani, has reportedly filed a plea with the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) against Excel Entertainment’s Rs 45 crore claim.
The latest update coincides with the ongoing controversy surrounding the actor’s alleged exit from the movie.
According to India Today, IMPPA’s legal staff will now review the records and evidence provided by Ranveer Singh’s father to reach a verdict that is equitable for both sides.
IMPPA President Abhay Sinha has confirmed that he met Jagjit Singh on Tuesday and shared that the association would evaluate the request and determine its next line of action.
For the unversed, the feud started when Ranveer left Don 3 earlier this year, soon after Dhurandhar’s success. The reports suggested that there had been conflicts over the screenplay and delays.
The film’s production company Excel Entertainment have reportedly sought reimbursement of Rs 40 crore, claiming pre-production costs, schedule modifications, and associated losses. According to the production company, Ranveer approved the completion of the foundation.
Meanwhile, other reports suggested that Ranveer reportedly left because he was unhappy with the script, there was no bound script, and he was worried about how the project was being managed. Additionally, he was allegedly not paid in advance or reimbursed for time missed due to the shelving of other projects, such as Baiju Bawra.
During a conversation with The Hollywood Reporter India, Farhan took a jibe at Ranveer’s exit from Don 3 just before they were scheduled to start shooting.
He said, “It was a month away from filming, which seems to be a pattern nowadays.”
About Ranveer Singh’s upcoming projects
Ranveer Singh is currently busy with Pralay. He will begin filming the Jai Mehta film in August and will continue till Diwali before taking paternity leave. The post-apocalyptic zombie thriller Pralay takes place in a dystopian Mumbai that has been devastated by a horrific outbreak. The movie centres on a married couple as they struggle to survive in a chaotic metropolis. The film also stars Kalyani Priyadarshan in a key role.
Gayatri Rani is a Senior-Sub Editor with over three years of experience in delivering Hollywood and Bollywood news.
first published: Aug 20, 2026 06:25 pm
Discover the latest Business News, Sensex, and Nifty updates. Obtain Personal Finance insights, tax queries, and expert opinions on Moneycontrol or download the Moneycontrol App to stay updated!
Watch
Trending news

‘We are Gen Z, won’t tolerate this nonsense’: Tourist’s Kargil checkpoint rant goes viral. Omar Abdullah reacts
- ‘Learn to be a law abiding citizen’: Army veterans slam tourist after viral Kargil checkpoint video
- ‘You smell quite nice for an Indian’: Woman’s remark to man dining with family sparks outrage online. Watch
- Mother quits corporate job after child struggles with separation anxiety, builds Rs 21 lakh homestay venture
- 23-year-old man earns Rs 8.5 lakh in a month by watching clouds, making videos and living in mountains
- 13-year-old girl from Kerala who planned grandfather’s murder, was allegedly inspired by Mahesh Babu’s 2017 film Spyder
- What happened to comedian Zakir Khan? Why he took a break from stand-up?, said, ‘There are certain genetic illnesses in my family’
- From IAS dream to Rs 95,000 crore Meesho: How Vidit Aatrey turned failed ideas into e-commerce success story
- In 1964, ‘Witch of Wall Street’ made a solitary 18-acre island her home at 27; then donated her ‘Witch Island’ to be a wildlife sanctuary.
- Apple iPhone 18 Pro Max will have one big camera difference compared to the iPhone 18 Pro: Here’s what it is
- Developer used AI to create Timeline visualizer app that turns Google Timeline into a travel recap video
- Sonam Kapoor steps out of her postpartum sabbatical in a stunning black ensemble
- Why your houseplants keep dying? Here’s what vastu shastra reveals (and 3 ways to fix it)
- In 1971, India couldn’t buy sonar, so this IIT engineer built one; years later, his MIMO tech became the backbone of 4G, 5G and Wi-Fi
- Meet astrophysicist Annapurni Subramaniam, who became the first Indian woman to win the COSPAR Vikram Sarabhai Medal
`);
}
if(res.stay_updated){
$(“.stay-updated-ajax”).html(res.stay_updated);
}
}catch(e){ console.log(e); }
});
},2000); // Reduced from 8s to 2s for better Core Web Vitals (LCP/UX)
});
