Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) Could Be 10% Undervalued Following Its Recent Pullback

    August 21, 2026

    ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Season 4 Debut Fails To Make Streaming Top 10

    August 21, 2026

    PLASA Show 2026: Technology, Innovation, and the Future of Live Entertainment

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Comic Vibe
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
    • Comics
      • Comic Vibe News
    • Gaming
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Anime
    • Toys & Collectibles
    • Cosplay
    • Tech
    • Digital Culture
      • Creators & Fan Culture
      • Creator Economy & Fan-Driven Platforms
      • Digital Fandom & Online Communities
      • Metaverse & Virtual Worlds
      • NFTs & Digital Collectibles
      • Virtual Events & Online Conventions
      • Virtual Identity & Avatars
    • Shop
    Comic Vibe
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Advertise With Us
    • DMCA Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    Home»Movies»Netflix Sued for $105 Million After Unreleased Nicolas Cage Movie Stolen From Los Angeles Office
    Movies

    Netflix Sued for $105 Million After Unreleased Nicolas Cage Movie Stolen From Los Angeles Office

    JamesBy JamesJuly 31, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter
    Netflix Sued for 5 Million After Unreleased Nicolas Cage Movie Stolen From Los Angeles Office
    Share
    Facebook Twitter

    Something major was stolen from Netflix—and it wasn’t the Declaration of Independence.

    The streaming giant is being sued for $105 million by production company Op-Fortitude after it lost an unencrypted copy of the unreleasedNicolas Cage-led filmFortitude, which the production company says compromised the World War II thriller’s success.

    The July 29 complaint obtained by E! News alleged that associate producerDaniel Haidohand-delivered an unencrypted master copy of the film, known as a digital cinema package (DCP), on June 15 to Netflix’s Hollywood studios. 

    Haido allegedly verbally advised an employee at the streaming service—which was a potential buyer for the project also starringSir Ben Kingsley,Ron PerlmanandEd Skrein—that the files should “be deleted after the screening” since it was unencrypted, according to the lawsuit. 

    More than a week after dropping off the drive, filmmakers allegedly received a message from Netflix—which has denied any wrongdoing in the incident—sharing that the files had been stolen. According to the lawsuit, an exec wrote in a June 25 email that “someone stole a good amount of drives from our office desks this past week” and that the company was already “working through this with [its] security teams to no luck.”

    read
    Netflix Sued for $5 Million Over “Sexist and Belittling” Queen’s Gambit Reference

    The exec said in the email that the stolen drives were likely sold “for scrap” since they required a key delivery message (KDM) to unencrypt the files, according to the complaint. The plaintiffs argued that Netflix knew their DCP was already unencrypted and “could be opened, viewed, published, copied, or distributed without any such key.”

    The lawsuit argued that the value of the film—which took over seven years to make and cost $45 million—depends significantly on being an unreleased, first-to-market project.

    “Anyone who obtained possession of the drive immediately acquired access to an unreleased motion picture whose worldwide rights remained unsold,” the filing alleged. “By losing control of the Film, Netflix destroyed that exclusivity and materially, if not completely, impaired the Film’s marketability.” 

    “It is not fathomable that a sophisticated buyer would invest tens of millions of dollars to acquire the Film,” it argued, “and tens of millions more to market it—while facing the constant risk that it could appear online to be viewed widely for free at any time.”

    Op-Fortitude said that it had to temporarily pause its marketing and sales of the film, despite allegedly earning interest from multiple studios globally. 

    The filing also alleged thatFortitude‘s prospective success was independently verified through leading market research firm Screen Engine, claiming that the film had earned “high test scores in consumer screen testing, feedback from sales agents, the genre of the film and other factors.” According to the suit,Fortitudewas expected to earn revenues more than double the production budget, which would come out to $112.5 million.

    Meanwhile, Netflix said in a July 31 statement to E! News that it “disputes any claim that it bears the risk of loss for a film delivered without the proper industry-standard safeguards.”

    “While we do not own the rights toFortitude, we take content security seriously and have taken extra measures to support the filmmaker and his team,” the message continued. “This includes conducting a thorough investigation and offering to monitor known piracy sites for any unauthorized distribution or sale.”

    The streaming service—which Op-Fortitude says never shared insight into their next steps following the theft, including whether a police report was filed—confirmed that it didn’t provide additional information to the plaintiffs about its ongoing investigation.

    “We have declined to share anything about our ongoing investigation with the law firm representing[producer]Simon Afram,” the statement noted, “given their hostile attempts to extort money from Netflix over this situation—including immediately demanding $165 million for the film rather than work with us in good faith.”

    monitors piracy websites and it has, thus far, not seen any evidence thatFortitudehas been leaked

    For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News App

    after Million Netflix Sued unreleased
    Share. Facebook Twitter
    Previous Article‘Silo’ Season 3, episode 5 ending explained: Who is Per Stensen?
    Next Article Fanatec Retains GTWS Hardware Role Alongside MOZA
    James

    Related Posts

    Taylor Sheridan’s $330M Four Sixes Ranch purchase forced him out of retirement plans

    August 21, 2026

    Netflix Unveils Huge Anime and Animation Slate With Blue Eye Samurai, Cyberpunk and More

    August 21, 2026

    Lanterns Season 2 Might Come Sooner Than Fans Think Thanks to New Update

    August 21, 2026

    Fate of America’s Sweethearts: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Revealed

    August 21, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Our Picks

    Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) Could Be 10% Undervalued Following Its Recent Pullback

    August 21, 2026

    ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Season 4 Debut Fails To Make Streaming Top 10

    August 21, 2026

    PLASA Show 2026: Technology, Innovation, and the Future of Live Entertainment

    August 21, 2026

    Taylor Sheridan’s $330M Four Sixes Ranch purchase forced him out of retirement plans

    August 21, 2026
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • Telegram
    Don't Miss
    Toys & Collectibles

    Something new is coming! Spider-Man Deluxe Gift Set! Exclusive #18 for San Diego Comic

    By JamesJuly 7, 20260

    The Best Darn Toy News On The Web! Tuesday, July 07, 2026 Something new is coming! Spider-Man Deluxe Gift Set! Exclusive #18 for San Diego Comic-Con from Monogram International #SDCC July 6, 2026 Swing into action with this dynamic Spider-Man Deluxe Gift Set, perfect for fans of the friendly neighborhood hero! Retail Price: $40.00 Units…

    What To Watch In July: A Printable TV Calendar Highlighting Every Major Premiere And Finale

    July 7, 2026

    ‘Wolverine’ #10 leans into a haunted vibe with light plot progression

    July 7, 2026

    Top 5 Sales from 2026 Panini Prizm World Cup (So Far)

    July 8, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us
    About Us

    Comic Vibe is a pop-culture destination created for fans who live and breathe comics, movies, anime, TV shows, gaming, tech, cosplay, and collectibles.

    Our mission is to deliver engaging news, reviews, features, guides, and opinions that celebrate geek culture in all its forms. From the latest comic releases and blockbuster films to anime trends, gaming updates, cutting-edge tech, and collector culture, Comic Vibe brings everything together in one vibrant hub.

    Our Picks

    Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) Could Be 10% Undervalued Following Its Recent Pullback

    August 21, 2026

    ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Season 4 Debut Fails To Make Streaming Top 10

    August 21, 2026

    PLASA Show 2026: Technology, Innovation, and the Future of Live Entertainment

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest comics, anime, movies, TV, gaming, cosplay, and pop culture news delivered directly to your inbox. No spam—just the stories every fan should know.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Advertise With Us
    • DMCA Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    © 2026 Comic Vibe. Designed by Comic Vibe.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.