Prince HarryandMeghan Markleareheading back to his homeland.
Six years after the Duke and Duchess of Sussexstepped back from their duties as senior royalsand moved to California, the couple and their childrenPrince Archie, 7, andPrincessLilibet, 5, are moving back to theUnited Kingdom, according tomultipleoutlets.
The Sussexes will be relocating to a non-royal residence later this month to live for an extended period of time, and Archie and Lilibet will also be enrolled in school in the U.K. beginning in September, per the reports.
The couple will reportedly keep their home in Montecito, Calif., as well as their vacation property in Portugal.
As of now, there will be no change to Harry and Meghan’s duties within the royal family, and they are expected to continue working on their personal businesses. The move also means that Harry, 41, will be able to spend more time with his U.K.-based charities including WellChild and Scotty’s Little Soldiers, while Meghan, 45, will continue to run her lifestyle brand As Ever from their new locale.
read
Meghan Markle Shares Sweet Way Her, Prince Harry’s Daughter Lilibet Inspires Her to Be Brave
King Charles—who met with Archie and Liliwhen the family visited England in July—was reportedlymade aware of Harry and Meghan’s plans to move backearlier this week, according to the outlets.
E! News has reached out to Harry and Meghan’srep but has not received a comment.
Vito Amati/The David Foster Foundation
The family’s move comes just over a monthafter they visited the U.K., where theyreunited with the Kingfor the first time in four years.
In the years since they left the country,Harry had been candid about his hesitationfor his family to move back or even visit, especially after a court ruled that theywould not be provided extra security protectionwhile there.
“I can’t see a world where I would be bringing my wife and kids back to the U.K. at this point,” theSpareauthor told theBBCin 2025 after the decision. “And the things that they’re going to miss is well—everything. I love my country. I always have, despite what some people in that country have done.”
“I miss the U.K.,” Harry emphasized. “I miss parts of the U.K. of course I do. And I think that it’s quite sad that I won’t be able to show my children my homeland.”
As for where he stood with his family at the time—including brotherPrinceWilliamand sister-in-lawKateMiddleton—Harry said that he “would love reconciliation with my family.”
“I will always,” he added. “There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore.”
For more of the biggest royal news, keep reading.
Vito Amati/The David Foster Foundation via Getty Images
While it’s not a permanent move, the couple will be enrolling their children Archie and Lilibet in school in Britain this fall, according to People, which also reported that the Sussexes are hanging onto their Montecito, Calif., estate and vacation retreat in Portugal.
In the lawsuit, filed in 2022, the plaintiffs accused the newspaper organization of mobile phone hacking, landline bugging and even home bugging in 97 separate allegations.
The arrest came amid renewed controversy over Andrew’s alleged ties to Jeffrey Epstein. (Andrew has denied any wrongdoing.)
“I can confirm The Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations,” a Kensington Palace spokesperson shared in a statement obtained by MS NOW Feb. 9. “Their thoughts remain focused on the victims.”
The 29-year-old—who does not carry a royal title or official duties—is being kept in detention for up to four weeks over risks of reoffending after the Oslo district court granted the request. His attorney Petar Sekulic told the outlet that they are considering appealing the decision.
Høiby is expected in court Feb. 3 as part of a separate indictment regarding four alleged rapes between 2018 and 2024, as well as two alleged acts of violence against a partner and violating a restraining order.
His defense team addressed the allegations in a statement to the AP, saying that Høiby “denies all charges of sexual abuse, as well as the majority of the charges regarding violence.”
“Delighted to share that Timothy and I are expecting our first child,” she wrote on Instagram Jan. 19. “We’re truly over the moon.”
Other stars including Elton John, Elizabeth Hurley, and Sadie Frost are also taking aim against the publishing company in the lawsuit.
Associated Newspapers has “vigorously denied” the claims, according to the BBC.
Set to Olivia Dean’s “So Easy (To Fall In Love),” the couple revealed that the clip was recorded by none other than their 4-year-old daughter Lilibet. Alongside a camera emoji, Meghan—who also shares 6-year-old son Archie with Harry— added in the caption of the Jan. 16 Instagram post, “cred: our daughter.”
The couple also shared a throwback photo from their first year of dating. In the adorable snap, the pair embraced each other during a nature-filled getaway.
“When 2026 feels just like 2016….,” Meghan wrote in the caption. “You had to be there.”
As the statement read, “It is with deep sadness that the Greek Royal Family announces that HRH Princess Irene, beloved sister and aunt, passed away on Thursday, January 15th 2026, at 11:40 local time, in Zarzuela Palace in Madrid surrounded by loved ones.”
Her funeral was held Jan. 19 at the Metropolitan Cathedral in Athens following her death, with the burial at the Royal Cemetery of Tatoi.
“Even in the coldest, darkest season, winter has a way of bringing us stillness, patience and quiet consideration,” Kate said in a voiceover alongside footage of snowy landscapes in her Jan. 9 video. “Where the stream slows just enough for us to see our own reflection, to discover the deepest parts of ourselves, alongside the whispers and the pulse of every living thing.”
She added, “I find myself reflecting on how deeply grateful I am. For the rivers within us flow with ease, fears washed away, cleanse and purify, come to peace with our tears and discover what it means to be alive, to be at one with nature—a quiet teacher and a soft voice that guides in memory helping us to heal in.”
